From an accounting point of view, if you cancel an invoice (which is an official tax document) you have to create a credit note (same as a rebate) which corrects the original invoice.

Once the initial invoice is rebated, you will be able to create a new bill, with the correct values. If the accommodation was already posted (and closed to 1 invoice), so you can post the same accommodation again, by processing the following steps: Open the guest bill - Post the charges manually - Close the bill.

From an accounting point of view this is the only correct way to make this correction.